Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bluebells and weaving progress






The sea is coming along well and the boat started, I feel like I am truly on the way! - the boat is moving...
Also happy Spring! in the meantime, the bluebells have come up. I love those!
I have finished spinning all the sea blue silk which I will need and have started spinning the blue silk for the sky. I am wondering if my proposed sail colour wil work out fine, - well, that will come next time :-)
Best wishes for all your projects!

4 comments:

Fran said...

I like your work very much; I especially like Shakespear. And am anxious to see the progress on the boat. The water is beautiful!

Fran from Calgary, Alberta

kaite said...

hi Vera, there's a lot of movement happening on the water, and the land is so rich in texture, it's all beautiful. I can see a high tide happening, hope the ship doesn't get swamped! cheers, k.

Vera L Hazelgrove said...

Hi Fran, Glad that you like it so far! Thanks for your encouragement!!
Hi Kaite, No, no, the boat will not get swamped, those are very skillfully made boats to go anywhere, - I am definitely on my way now! :-) and very much enjoying it too!

tikarmavodicka said...

Hi Mum,

I am really loving the sea and what you have done with it. It's come along well since I was able to see it, and I'm so glad I was.
I guess much like a painting being able to see it in person is just so much better, the textures, the colours the overall visual sense is so much more heightened.
I really like the waves. I think you've done such a brilliant job! The start of ship makes me grin I just know it's going to look fabulous when it's finished!

I'm sure all will go well in trying to find just the right colour for the boats sail.
I wish you all the best in good weather and light for your continuing work.
It's wonderful being able to share in your progress and I look forward to seeing the next installment.

(((herzlicht!)))
Tikarma
xoxoxoxo